There are three parts to consider in the costing of your Arts Award:
- Doing your Arts Award This part varies the most in cost, as each students’ needs differ greatly. All start with an initial 10 minutes skype free of charge to answer questions and discuss how we work. Then the first session is booked which involves detailed planning and mentoring. This session equips them with a framework and good understanding of what they need to do. The student then requests the next session of mentoring or tuition when needed, from our Arts Award Adviser at oakwellbarns centre. This is available in person or via skype and is charged at an hourly rate of £30 (reductions available if part of a group)
- Assessing the award oakwellbarns centre charges a set fee for assessing your award, outlined for the different levels of the award below. This fee covers the detailed assessment and report which has to be submitted with the portfolio of work for moderation as well as the administration work involved in submission by a qualified Arts Award Adviser.
- Moderating the award This fee is set by Trinity college, to where the student’s assessed work is sent away to be moderated for the qualification.
1. Cost for us to Assess & submit your portfolio of work for moderation:
2. Moderation Fees
Bronze level £23 external moderation/cert fee + £65 Arts Adviser assessment fee, plus the cost of mentoring (as required)
Silver level £28 external moderation/cert fee + £100 Arts Adviser assessment fee, plus the cost of mentoring (as required)
Gold level £40 external moderation/cert fee + £180 Arts Adviser assessment fee, plus the cost of mentoring (as required)
(These fees are subject to changes from Trinity College, depending on type of moderation there may also be postal costs, however if all work is accessible for assessment and moderation online, then there will be just £4 P&P costs for delivering your certificate safely to you.
3. Specialist Tuition and mentoring
Anita is also available for individual Art tuition tailored to your needs; for example to build a portfolio for Art College or for your Arts Award Arts practice or for developing your skills or simply for your pure enjoyment.
Individual sessions £30 per 60 minute session.
(reductions for group sessions are available)
4. Discover and Explore
Please contact us if you would like Anita to work with your group to do their Arts Award at Discover and Explore Levels. We can discuss ways of doing this that are suitable for your group such as day workshops, or a series of weekly sessions as well as a discounted group rate.
Cost for Individual students
Discover level £4 certificate fee + £30 Arts Adviser assessment fee, plus the cost of mentoring (as required)
Explore level £13 external moderation/cert fee + £40 Arts Adviser assessment fee, plus the cost of mentoring (as required)
Arts Award Discover is an introductory award open to children and young people aged up to 25.
To achieve an Arts Award Discover, children and young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experiences of:
- participating in arts activities
- researching artists and their work
- sharing their arts discoveries
Arts Award Explore: Entry Level Award in the Arts (Entry 3) – Qualification number: 600/3894/9
Arts Award Explore is an Entry Level (Entry 3) qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is open to children and young people aged up to 25.
To achieve an Arts Award Explore, children and young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experiences of
- actively participating in a range of arts activities including a personal response about what has inspired them about taking part
- a range of arts organisations, artists and their work
- creativity and arts skills through making art work
- what they have enjoyed and/or achieved and their presentation of this to others